Monday 14 May 2018

New Zealand Sign Language Week

Last week was New Zealand Sign Language Week. Room 23 really embraced the challenge of learning some sign language including the NZSL alphabet and greeting others by saying "Hi, my name is _____. Nice to meet you."
We have loved learning it so much and think it is such a valuable skill to know that we have decided to continue with our sign language learning for the rest of the term (and beyond). Keep an eye out for our posts about our learning but for now why don't you give it a go...







3 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Tatham and I am from ODS.
    I like speaking NZSL.
    That's cool I didn't know deaf people could be lawyers wow!
    I have a question you should try doing the roll in NZSL?
    If you want to check out my blog copy this
    http://odstathams.blogspot.co.nz/ BLOG YA LATER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Jackson since I watched those videos I want to learn more sigh Language I only know the alphabet and how to say hi my name is,and how to spell my name and I wont run away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! My name is Simon from Pt England school!I am a year 5.Also, I'm from the Philippines.I really like this blog because I did not know deaf people can be lawyers either.I wish I can do Sign language but I'm awful at Sign language, Even if I tried so hard.Also I agree that it is a Valuable skill.I really like this deaf people can learn how to know what were trying to say.It is like really creative work.I hope I can have a visit and if you know how to teach me Sign language? When I learn, I'm gonna teach your whole school how to do it,Well not really.Maybe in the future!Too be helpful please add more of these kind of blogs! These blogs are so much fun too do and it might find more people to learn sign language.If you wanna check My whole class blog and My own blog use these links:D

    Room 10:http://peswest.blogspot.co.nz/
    My Blog:https://pessimonp.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.