Monday 4 April 2016

Holes - Louis Sachar



This term we have been reading Louis Sachar's book - Holes. 
Image result for Holes book

We had a sneak peak at the movie trailer too to see if how we had imagined the characters were how they looked in the movie - definitely some differences.
Here is a link to a site with some behind-the-scene photo's and the movie trailer.

How have you liked the book so far Room 22? Would you recommend it to our blog visitors? 
Any suggestions for books to read as a class next term? Post your ideas in the comment section.

Mrs O's top tip: Always read the book first before seeing the movie! When reading you naturally build up mental imagery of how the characters/scenery look, sound and act. Once you see the movie you will only be able to see the actors in that role - you cheat your mind of the chance to build your own imagery. And anyway the book is ALWAYS better!

9 comments:

  1. The book was awesome and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Room 22, we've been reading Holes too. Have you finished it now? We still have a few activities to finish and 1 or 2 people to complete the actual novel reading. Some of us are reading the Stanley's Guide to Camp Green Lake book.
    We agree that reading the novel before watching the movie is always best (although this is a pretty cool movie). What was your favourite things you did to help you learn more about the novel? We've also read Conrad Coopers Last Stand (Leonie Agnew) and Night Vision (Ella West) and they're both really good novels. You also can't beat Under the Mountain (Maurice Gee). Please visit us http://room8paparoarange.blogspot.co.nz/ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy Johnston my name is Melbourne Ariki I'm from room 22 and no we have not finished reading Holes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Room 22 my name is Sheeandra I go to Tautoro School. I like that the class read this book. Were you doing AVAIL reading program?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name Sweyde i am from Tautoro School i like the movie Trail it was funny the person called armpit.See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello my name is Aryan I am from Tautoro School I liked that
    Movie traller it was funny:) The man called Zig zag his so silly

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello my name is Aryan I am from Tautoro School I liked that
    Movie traller it was funny:) The man called Zig zag his so silly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my name is Tuishaly i goto Tautoro school awesome book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mrs O'Shea's good advice regarding reading a book before seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.