Tuesday 28 March 2017

Duffy Assembly magic

We were lucky enough to be visited by the very talented Madison Nonoa this afternoon at our Duffy Assembly. She shared her passion for reading and her talent in singing. Amazing!
The students all got their Duffy books this afternoon and have rushed home to read.

 Here is her bio:

Madison has a Bachelor of Music with first-class honours from the University of Auckland. She is a Sir Edmund Hillary Scholar at the University of Waikato, where she is studying French and German. A Dame Malvina Major Emerging Artist with New Zealand Opera, she this year performs Papagena in The Magic Flute. She is a former member of the New Zealand Youth Choir, an alumna of the New Zealand Opera School and New Zealand Singing School and has been a finalist and winner of many aria competitions around the country. In the 2014 Lexus Song Quest, Madison was the youngest semi-finalist and RNZ Concert Listeners’ Choice Award winner. 











10 comments:

  1. HI my name is Sonny and I am at Gilberthorpe School and I wish holding the camera.
    bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Elham from Gilberthorpe School.
    I really like the video it's lovely voice for us to hear.
    what day that you guys did Assembly?
    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Room 23,
    Wow Madison certainly is an inspiring young lady with an incredible voice! I bet it was very interesting to hear about her passion for reading and her love of singing. Are there many singers in your class? How many of you would call yourself passionate readers? I definitely would, I like to read every night before I go to sleep.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi its me again and was it boring listining too that song it sound boring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora
    Chloe here again from gilberthorpe school here checking out your fantastic blog I loved that song and you have such an amazing school I loved it
    I have a qwestion for you all
    What was your favorite part about the hole thing?
    blog you later bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ni hau Room 23, I'm Aryan from Gilberthorpe School.
    I wish I was there!
    Next time could you say where and why you had this assembaly?
    Anyways blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora My name is Jasmine I go to Gilberthorpe SChool, I'm also a Year 6. What an amazing talent she has, when I seen the video I had to watch it it really blew me away it was awesome. Just a question for you all what was your favorite part if this assembly did you like the most? Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kia ora room 23
    wow this is a real cool assembly it would have been cool to go there.One time someone from the Olympics came to our school. roughly how much people do you think were there?
    By Rivir

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Room 23 my name is Milan.
    This post looks like this was an amazing day of term 1. I love that song that was sung it was beautiful I wish I could sing like that, in the background of the video I could see all of the amazing creations and I thought that they were awesome. I have a quick question what was your favorite part in the assembly and why? Blog you later bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kia ora Room 23

    It looks like your class had an amazing day, She is indeed very talented and very good at singing.

    This was a very interesting blog post and i loved listening and reading.

    This had tons of information and it was an overall great post, We have had some singers come to our school as well.

    Did she only sing one song or did she sing more?

    Na Joseph

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.